At Mindful Chef, we’re passionate about making healthy eating easier for everyone. We take a look into food subscriptions: what they are, what they can do for you, and how Mindful Chef can help.
What are food subscriptions?
Food subscriptions consist of recipes and ingredients being delivered straight to your door. You pick the recipes you want to try that week, and a box containing a recipe with cooking instructions and pre-portioned ingredients comes ready for you to cook.
What are the benefits of food subscriptions?
Food subscription boxes have multiple benefits for you, your health, and the planet.
- Try new foods. Food subscription boxes are a great way to try new food that you wouldn’t usually go for in the supermarket. Because the ingredients come straight to your door, pre-portioned, you don’t have to go off trying to find ingredients in your local supermarket, instead the hard part has already been done.
- Save on food waste. Globally a third of all food produced is thrown away. With food subscriptions, pre-portioned ingredients means you only use what you need and don’t end up with leftover ingredients you don’t know what to do with.
- Save money. Trying new recipes can be expensive. You buy ingredients in too big quantities and end up with leftovers you don’t want. With food subscriptions you have exactly what you need to make new recipes, and get to try new foods without having to spend a fortune trying to find them.
- Cut down on plastic. Food subscriptions mean all your ingredients come in one box, so you don’t have to go to the supermarket and buy lots of ingredients in single-use plastic. Some food subscriptions will use recyclable and plastic-free packaging, so that the amount of plastic in the world is reduced. Mindful Chef use Natureflex, a compostable replacement for plastics.
How much does a Mindful Chef food subscription cost?
Mindful Chef food subscriptions start at as little as £6 per portion. They’re a great way to try new recipes at affordable prices. This is our best value for money food subscription box, built for 4 people and families.
Alternatively we offer boxes for 1 or 2 people. We’re actually the only food subscription box in the UK that offers a box for one person! The one-person box costs just £9 per portion and is great for an active individual wanting to try new food and take the hassle out of eating healthy. Our two person box costs just £7 per portion and is our most popular food subscription box, perfect for couples!
What comes with a Mindful Chef food subscription?
You get so much with your Mindful Chef food subscription. Here’s what you need to know.
- Good-quality ingredients. We offer up to 20 healthy recipes every week and don’t repeat a recipe in 12 weeks. Customers love the variety our service brings to their evening meal times. All of our ingredients are sourced from sustainable or environmentally conscious suppliers. You can learn more about our suppliers here and be assured our ingredients come from good as well as taste good.
- Precise ingredients. Our ingredients, from our responsible suppliers, all come pre-portioned so they’re ready to be added straight in while you’re cooking. So whether it’s chicken, fish, beef or a vegan option you will get only what you need. You’ll also get an easy-to-follow recipe card with step-by-step cooking instructions on how to make your delicious creation.
- No commitment. You can cancel, pause, or skip a week at any time. You’re in control here, we just supply the food.
- Responsible packaging. We use recycled denim insulation to keep ingredients cool, recyclable ice packs with a water-soluble polymer inside, and Natureflex – a compostable plastic alternative. We also ask our customers to return their insulation/ cool bags for free so we can reuse them – we can do this over 20 times! We send a return label every three weeks or so, so you can save up bags and send them back.
- Donated meals. With every meal you purchase, we donate a school meal to a child in poverty, with our charity partner One Feeds Two. So far we’ve donated 7,000,000 meals, and with your help we can reach our target of reaching 10 million by the end of 2021. Find out more about One Feeds Two here, and get involved today!
How does it work?
1. Simple CHOOSE your recipes. Choose from 20 recipes each week, and select the day you want your delivery to arrive.
2. We’ll PACK IT and get it ready to be delivered to you. The box is our responsibility until it’s in your hands, and our packaging means your ingredients will stay fresh even if you’re not in.
3. COOK and ENJOY. Simply follow the cooking instructions on your recipe card using your pre-portioned great-quality ingredients. Soon you’ll be sitting down to enjoy your deliciously healthy creation!
Sound good? We thought so. Get started on your healthy food subscription journey today and help us help the planet, children in poverty, and you get deliciously healthy meals.
Take a look at our Recipe Box Food Subscription service and start choosing your recipes.