Get. Set. Bob. Ready to take apple bobbing to a brand new level? Chef James grabbed a super seasonal Kissabel apple from our brand new Fruit Box to make this Bonfire Night special recipe for you. (You’ll love its ghoulishly good pink flesh…bwa ha ha). And grab your new fruit box in your account now.
What you need
- 1 x tin of condensed creamed coconut
- 65 grams of coconut sugar
- 65g of vegan butter
- 3 or 4 kissabel apples
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Ground almonds
- Coconut chips/flakes
- To make the chocolate sauce: melt 100g of vegan chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water for 5 mins untill melted.
- To make the toffee sauce: add 210g tin of condensed coconut milk into a pan with 65g of coconut sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and starts to bubble (be careful not to burn) remove from the heat and add 65g of vegan butter and stir in until it’s melted. Allow to cool slightly until it thickens.
- Using a melon baller cut the apples into spheres or wedges and then skewer with a cocktail stick.
- Dip into the chocolate or toffee. Sprinkle with chopped nuts/ground almonds/ coconut flakes. Enjoy!
Add a fruit delivery to your next box at mindfulchef.com.
Yet to try healthy eating made easy? Get £10 off your first two recipe boxes by entering code BLOG20 at checkout. Mindful Chef healthy recipe boxes provide you with the tools to cook delicious nutritious meals, in under 30 minutes. Each box contains recipe instructions, pre-portioned ingredients and fresh produce sourced from award-winning British farms.