We’re all for celebrating life’s special occasions with food. But when it comes to Shrove Tuesday, it doesn’t have to be all lemon and sugar. We’re showing you it’s possible to cook healthier pancakes and enjoy every single bite!
Two specials are up for grabs on the menu this Pancake Day: a chickpea crepe with creamy truffled mushrooms, and a spicy-but-sweet kimchi pancake with marinated sustainably sourced smoked salmon. (Why not have both, you won’t regret it.)
For the sweet-toothed among us, the fun doesn’t stop there. We’ve partnered with ManiLife, our amazing peanut butter producers, to bring you the ultimate decadent chocolatey peanut pancake stack. If you haven’t tried their palm oil-free peanut butter yet, you’re in for a treat.
Gorgeously chocolatey. A little bit nutty. Gone in a flash. We teamed up with our mates at ManiLife to bring you this. The (healthy-ish) stack you’ve been waiting for.
- 300ml oat milk
- 200g Mindful Chef Organic Scottish Porridge Oats
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ManiLife Rich Cocoa peanut butter
- Fresh mint
How to make it…
- Start by blending your oats into a fine flour.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, eggs, sugar, milk and baking powder till smooth.
- Heat a pan on a medium/ low heat with 1 tsp of oil.
- Ladel the mixture into the pan a couple of pancakes at a time, turn after to 2-3 mins, then flip again for 1 more minute till golden and fluffy.
- Repeat till all your mixture is used up.
- Drizzle over 1 tbsp of ManiLife, then garnish with berries and a sprig of mint.
Our peanut butter supplier since 2016. There’s so many reasons we love it…
- Just peanuts (from a family-run farm in Argentina)
- Palm oil-free (2005 natural, and no added nasties!)
- Deep roasted for flavour by a master peanut roaster in the UK
- Blended in small batches (that’s what makes it so irresitibly creamy!)
Care to share? Whether you choose savoury or sweet, we’d love to see your flipping tasty creations. Post in our private Facebook community here or tag us on Instagram!
Yet to try healthy eating made easy? Get £10 off your first two recipe boxes by entering code BLOG20 at checkout. Mindful Chef healthy recipe boxes provide you with the tools to cook delicious nutritious meals, in under 30 minutes. Each box contains recipe instructions, pre-portioned ingredients and fresh produce sourced from award-winning British farms.