The mulled wine, champagne and bucks fizz are flowing at this time of the year. Before we top up our glasses, Mindful Chef Dietician Clare has shared her alcohol-free winter fruit punch recipe. Perfect for helping you find balance this December (and kid-friendly too). Cheers!
WHAT YOU NEED…
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 handful of blackberries
- 1 clementine, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 handful of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Vanilla pod
HOW TO MAKE IT…
- Combine all the ingredients in a heat-proof bowl, and cover with 1 litre of boiling water. Need a hand deseeding your pomegranate? Watch out chef’s tips video here.
- Allow to infuse for an hour until the water is at room temperature.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge, serve chilled or warm. For those wanting your fruit punch on the cooler side, the mixture over crushed ice. Finish off by garnishing with a handful of thyme, fresh pomegranate seeds and some seasonal citrus peel.
CLARE’S 5 TIPS FOR MINDFUL DRINKING
- Don’t use your alcoholic drink to quench your thirst – instead, sip it slowly and savour the taste (having a glass of water handy helps)
- Try to drink alcohol with a meal, and don’t drink on an empty stomach
- At parties alternate between your alcoholic drink and a soft drink
- Aim for at least 3 alcohol-free days a week and spread your units over the other days
- Try alcohol-free, sugar-free alternatives
For more healthy hacks this December, check out Clare’s full blog here.
Yet to try healthy eating made easy? Get £10 off your first two recipe boxes by entering code BLOG20 at checkout. Mindful Chef healthy recipe boxes provide you with the tools to cook delicious nutritious meals, in under 30 minutes. Each box contains recipe instructions, pre-portioned ingredients and fresh produce sourced from award-winning British farms.